Return to Index
1. Any assessment set by TLM will be checked by at least two qualified people to ensure that the assessment content (Condition G1.1)
a) is fit for purpose by being as closely linked to the assessment criteria as is practically possible and reflects the contexts in which the learning outcomes would typically be practiced.
b) matches the assessment methods in order to accurately reflect the assessment criteria
c) conforms to any qualifications specification
1.1 As data becomes available TLM will use comparisons to set assessments of appropriate difficulty to get similar pass rates at level 2 to GCSE maths and English. This will also be used to benchmark other qualifications used in schools to ensure consistency of difficulty with other subjects.
2. In order to achieve consistency of demand for qualifications TLM provides extensive guidance to assessors through its handbooks and feedback through the moderation process for assessors as well as initial assessor training. Based on sampling evidence, when there is agreement on the standards of work submitted as evidence meeting the assessment criteria awards can be made. For coursework evidence, the criteria are interpreted in the context of any guidance provided by the qualification specification in conjunction with the assessment specification. In the design of any summative assessment instrument, match to the assessment criteria and the overall level descriptors will inform the demand. Level of demand over time will be monitored by keeping samples of evidence assessed at each particular level for Entry Level 3 and above. The schemes of learning and assessor judgements will be used to inform Entry 1 and Entry 2 since the act of providing evidence is likely to be of greater demand than demonstrating that level of competence to the assessor at a fixed point in time. (Condition G1.2)
3. Assessment specifications for TLM's qualifications are documented in related handbooks. (Condition G1.3)
5. TLM will check any language and stimulus materials to be provided in an externally set assessment against the regulatory conditions in section G3
6. TLM will ensure that any aspects of qualifications requiring confidentiality to support an accurate measure of attainment will be kept secret until such time as they are presented to candidates. This will be achieved through the use of web site security and/or sealed envelopes. (Condition G4.1)
. No person working on behalf of TLM or who has previously worked for TLM shall divulge any specific details of any assessment during training other than in terms of general procedures, interpretation of assessment criteria or syllabuses. Any suspicion of such an incident will be investigated and any individual found to be guilty will be subject to disciplinary action. (Condition G4.2, 4.5)
In the case of a security breach, TLM will investigate the breach and document its cause with a view to ensuring it can not re-occur. The investigation will be conducted by the Chief Assessor (Condition G4.6)
. TLM offers update training on demand for any teacher or group of teachers. Low cost update training can be provided via Google Hangouts or at a physical meeting. All teachers and centres are made aware of this at the time a new Centre is registered. (Condition G4.4)
. It will be a condition of all future employment contracts and all third party agreements that individuals comply with the Ofqual / Qualifications Wales conditions of regulation and that the setter of an examination that needs to operate under controlled conditions does not participate in any training associated with that examination. (Condition G4.3) If any security breach comes to light, TLM will investigate with a determined view to find out the course and put in place any further procedures deemed necessary to prevent and recurrence of the breach. (Condition G4.6)
7. In order to strengthen policies related to Condition G4 TLM will
- Provide training for relevant staff in the changes to the Conditions and the consequent changes to TLM's policies and procedures.
- Record all training sessions for assessors.
- Include reference to confidentiality and the responsibility of assessors to maintain confidentiality in assessor training.
- Formally document any breaches in relation to the conditions and apply any further procedures necessary to reduce the risk of a recurrence.
The responsible officer will ensure that
- all those involved in the supply chain of confidential materials to the learner are fully aware of the need for confidentiality and have the skills and knowledge to act appropriately to preserve confidentiality.
- any resources designed for assessment that need to be confidential before being used are.
The organisation qualifications design goal, in accordance with risk assessment is to be able to substitute new assessment materials quickly and with minimum disruption to learners should a breach of confidentiality occur.
8. All learners are registered in the TLM database with a unique number and an option to record the national ULN. The identity of the learner must be confirmed as true by the Centre. (Condition G5.1)
No candidate is deemed registered until any fees associated with registration are paid in full.
10. TLM quality assurance policy
meets the requirements of Condition G8
. Assessors must guarantee that evidence produced by candidates is their own work and that the level indicated `by the evidence is in keeping with the general descriptors of the level as well as the defined assessment criteria for the specific qualification.