6.0 Resource Management
6.1 Training and Competence
TLM procedure 9.1 Internal Training and Competence Procedure details the process all Staff Training and Competences, deemed necessary for TLM staff and subcontractors to meet TLM’s Regulatory, Legal, Customer and Business Requirements.
The Internal Training and Competence Procedure details the process used to manage the Competency Matrix.
The Competency Matrix is an electronic spreadsheet, that enables all the competencies required of it’s staff and subcontractors to meet all the Regulatory, Legal, Customer and Business Requirements to be listed, where each listed competence becomes a link to the training pack and method to achieve competence or an external source for that training and competence assessment.
The Competency Matrix lists all TLM’s staff and subcontractors. For each staff member It identifies their job role within TLM, and the details:
- The training need for the individual
- The training status for the individual
- The competency status for the individual
- Individuals in the organisation who are competent to train others
- The training opportunities within TLM for each individual
The Competency Matrix enables TLM management to:
- Identify risks where a single competence has low levels of cover
- Given the number of hours a given competence is required per week, calculate the number of individuals required to cover a particular competency
- Identify the competencies that should appear in each staff members training record
- Identify individuals for diversity expansion
6.2 Cleanliness of Workplace
TLM will manage and maintain their Office premises in a state of order, cleanliness and repair consistent with the needs of all the TLM staff to meet all their requirements to carry out their job roles.